Surgeries and Silver Linings

I finally have a first surgery date! March 3rd. Really soon, but that's good!

I'm going to give some surgery details so if that's TMI please feel free to skip the rest of the paragraph!!! The cancer is invasive... so that's why it's so soon! At this point the plan is for double mastectomies and reconstructive surgeries after that. That will most likely be a series of three surgeries. This surgery will give most of the answers that I need to plan the rest of treatment. It will tell me if I need chemotherapy and if I will need follow-up surgeries to make sure all of the cancer is gone.

I just want to take some time to point out the small blessings God has given me along the way!

  • I am Diabetic! Which may not seem like a blessing at first glance... BUT it has prepared me for dealing with doctors and procedures and taking care of myself! It also helped prepare me emotionally to receive the news of cancer.
  • I am able to come home. I get to live in my parents' house and they are here to care for me. I don't have to do all of this alone.
  • My mom had Breast Cancer. Although I obviously would never wish for someone to have cancer, it is an amazing blessing to me that she has gone through this! She knows what it feels like emotionally and can help prepare me for the physical procedures I will be going through. 
  • My support system!!! I can't even tell you how much it means to me that I have so many people praying for me. I have all of my California friends and Church family, and my Washington friends and Church family! It is such a great blessing to have encouragement and prayer coming from so many different places. 
God is always faithful and is our strength when we have none. 

"But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness." - Psalm 86:15

Comments

  1. Lindsey, we are praying for you! So neat you are blogging your journey. I love this background...I almost chose it for my blog :-) May the Lord bless your journey and bring you healing, in Jesus' Name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lindsey,

    I'm praying for the Lord's healing hand to rest upon you. For the Lord to give you strengthen and peace and for you to be aware of His presence and great love for you.

    I'm certain that many will be encouraged and strengthened as they face their own battle with cancer.

    Lord's blessings in Christ...Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you every day, Lindsey. You will be covered in prayer for your surgery. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help out. "The Lord gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31.
    In Him, Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First One Down

My Cushy Life

The Return