I'm Not a Fan of Change.

Hi everyone!!
Many of you know that I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about a month ago. I have moved back up to Washington and had to put college on hold for now. My goal is to transfer to a school in Washington. But for now I will be going through surgeries and possibly chemotherapy. There are lots of unknowns right now (which drives me crazy!), but more answers will be given as things move along! The cancer is Grade 3 which means that it is fairly fast growing.
This was definitely not the way I saw this year of my life going, and you better believe I had it all planned out wonderfully! But I believe that God has a purpose in everything.
I gave this blog the title "I Don't Even Have the Gene" because I don't have the Breast Cancer gene! I don't have any of several genes that lead to Breast Cancer! This was a complete shock to myself and all of my doctors since I'm only 22 years old! (Around the doctors I'm often referred to as the "22 year-old" because I'm one of the youngest Breast Cancer patients most of these doctors have worked with).
Not having the gene makes it even more clear to me that God has put me in this situation for a purpose. I have no idea what that purpose is, but knowing that God is in control gives me such great peace about how my life has changed because of this.
"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand." - Proverbs 19:21

Comments

  1. Lindsey - Hi - I don't know if this is a duplicate, or not. I posted, but then it took me to this page to re-log in! I am Connor Miele's mom (he gave you golf lessons)! If you want, I have a wonderful friend who has had a wonderful result from her breast cancer experience and is always happy to share and support others going through it - she works with me at UW Medicine. If you'd like to chat, jmiele@uw.edu is my e-mail. We are praying for you! Jeanne Miele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this Lindsey. Your attitude of trusting in God and glorifying Him is inspiring! We will be praying for you everyday.

    -Jimmy Reed

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First One Down

My Cushy Life

The Return