First Chemo Down

First chemo: Dec. 7, 2018

Unexpected blessing: The day before I started chemo I was invited to a cancer group. I was skeptical but it turned out to be awesome! It was a small group with welcoming people and lots of different stories. I loved that we could laugh and talk about life and not have cancer be this big lead balloon in the room that covered all the joy.  Thanks for letting me come! :)

Chemo Details-ish:  I took half a day off of work on Friday and had a three hour infusion. My mom came with me (yay for moms!!). It wasn’t fun but wasn’t horrible. I didn’t start to feel nauseous until an hour after I got home. There are a few anti-nausea meds I’ve been trying out.  Currently I am still at home. The whole weekend I felt pretty icky and didn’t eat much. I’m feeling a little better today and will hopefully be able to go to work for the last six school days before Christmas break! Saltine crackers and fruit smoothies have been my best friends!

One chemo down, 14 to go!!!

Going forward: The next two chemo treatments are every other week for three hours, then the remaining twelve are every week for one hour each.

Not many thoughts to share this time amidst the sleepiness,but there is a song that has been encouraging to me and has “magically” (or purposefully) come on the radio when I have needed it recently. It is called “Maybe It’s Ok” by The Messangers

“Maybe it’s ok if I’m not ok
‘Cause the One who holds the world is holding onto me
Maybe it’s alright if I’m not alright
‘Cause the One who holds the stars is holding my whole life“

Comments

  1. Praying that you feel great enough to power through those last six days, Lindsey, and for the weeks to come.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First One Down

My Cushy Life

Road to a New Normal